Asset Management Foundations
Build your Asset Management knowledge to realise value from your assets
Join our subject matter experts and fellow learners for this four-week online course.
Designed to accommodate your busy schedule, the Asset Management Foundations course will:
- Define what Asset Management is and why it is important,
- Explain the difference between Asset Management and Managing Assets,
- Outline the Asset Management System,
- Summarise the key considerations for good Asset Management, and
- Identify and explain the factors for success including alignment with the financial planning and reporting task .
Utilising two globally recognised publications:
- International Standards (ISO55000), and
- International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM)
- Asset Management Foundations is a self-paced online course delivered via our online learning platform.
- Each of the four modules requires you to work through the online materials each week, comprising assessment activities and reading excerpts from the International Standards and IIMM publications.
- You can also attend an (optional) 45-minute * online session held each Friday, where key concepts will be covered and you’ll have the opportunity for Q&A with our IPWEA subject matter experts.
- An assessment task designed to consolidate your learning will be completed at the conclusion of the course.
*The live webinars will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
IPWEA believes that with an increasing focus on the value for money proposition in response to changing circumstances while managing risk and resilience of existing infrastructure, there is a growing need for all asset intensive organisations to address the issue of long-term sustainable service delivery.
The Asset Management Foundations course will build capacity for any asset intensive organisation while increasing your own understanding of the asset management discipline.