The Upper South Island Branch is the area covered by the Canterbury Regional Council, West Coast Regional Council, Tasman District Council, Nelson City Council and Marlborough District Council, but excluding the area covered by the Waitaki District Council.
Branch Chair – Hugh Blake-Manson | e: Hugh@waugh.nz
These meetings deliver essential thought-leadership and provide networking to support our sector. Please extend these meetings to your networks. Our branch meetings will broaden and deepen your sector connections, expand your understanding of challenges and opportunities, and provide the chance for you to present at future sessions. Together let's build the next generation of public works professionals.
Next Meeting - TBC
Why should I attend?
Updates will be provided by IPWEA NZ along with presentations from both government and private sector professionals from around the South Island. Keep your networks strong, be inspired, and benefit from our speakers perspectives and experiences.
The benefits of staying connected with other professionals who are active in our industry are huge. Our busy workloads can sometimes leave us feeling isolated. Branch meetings are a great way to connect, be inspired, discuss difficulties and learn solutions - for free! They are designed to expose us to new ideas, reinforce a sense of community in public works, and re-energise us for the task ahead!
Young IPWEA – we strongly encourage you to extend this learning opportunity to your younger team members.
Together we can build the next generation of public works professionals.
2 July 2021
Location: Rangiora Town Hall
Theme: The only constant in change
Agenda: click here
Friday 16th April 2021
- Teresa Wooding - Water Reform Canterbury
- Richard McMillan - Water - Taumata Arowai
- Grant Holland - Transport AM in the desert - world bank project in Saudi Arabia
- Brett King - Health & Safety and the Why
Friday 21st February 2020 - Agenda
Friday 8th November 2019 - CLIMATE CHANGE BREAKFAST PANEL
- Marion Schoenfield - Climate Change Adaptation, NCCRA
- Evie Wallace - Engineer, BECA
- Teresa Wooding - Climate Change Programme Manager
- Tony Moore - Climate Reality Leader, and Principal Sustainability Adviser, Christchurch City Council
Friday 16th August
- Water NZ Update - John Mackie, GM, Golder
- Pegasus Water Treatment Upgrade Colin Roxburgh
- Kaiapoi Infrastructure Rebuild, Duncan Roxborough, Fraser Scales, Kalley Simpson
- Risk Based Renewals Modelling Chris Bacon, Kalley Simpson
Friday 5th April 2019
- Myles Lind, Digital Decision Making for the Transport Sector - view presentation
- Iain Rabbitts, What's Changed since Havelock North? - view presentation
Friday 9th November 2018 agenda - Click here
Agenda, minutes and presentations from meeting held on 23 March 2018
24 November 2017 - View agenda
from the Branch meeting held on 18 August 2017
Presentations from meeting held on 18 August 2017
Download minutes from the Branch meeting held on 07 April 2017
Download minutes from the Branch meeting held on 25 November 2016
Presentations from meeting held on August 2016
Presentations from meeting held on 21 November
South Mid Canterbury Road Services
Pleasant Point Oxidation Ponds Overflow
Minutes for meeting held on Friday 22 August 2014, click here
Minutes for meeting held on Friday 28 March click here
Presentation - Amberley Water supply strategy- Stuart Sandy, Bryn Larson
Presentation - Best Practice AMP working group - Janice Brass
Presentation - The UK Highway Maintenance Efficiency Programme - Matthew Lugg