What is Buildings.PLUS?
Buildings.PLUS is a web-based software application that has been designed for people responsible for asset management, facility management and property management in any type of organisation that has a significant portfolio of buildings. It is also designed for managers of other assets including parks open spaces, play grounds, recreational centres, houses and educational facilities.
The Buildings.PLUS subscription has a web application that runs on any type of tablet which enables infield condition surveys, works online and offline, and feeds the collected data directly back to Buildings.PLUS.
- Able to justify budgets based on evidence and a risk based lifecycle model - a structured approach to asset planning using a proven methodology.
- The current BCGs – a list of 230 components in the Reference Library as listed in Practice Note 3 and including unit replacement rates in Buildings.PLUS.
- Use of the in-the-field Mobile.PLUS application for tablets – allowing onsite data collection and condition assessments.
- An automated lifecycle and predictive model using your collected data and the BCGs to calculate the remaining lives of components and presenting these on a forecast over 20 years.
- Valuation reports – the software calculates the remaining life and depreciated replacement cost valuation (for specialised assets) at a component level aggregated to a building / structure level.
- A series of standard onscreen and PDF reports including a Site Level Summary report, valuation report, component report and expenditure report.
- Functionality to interrogate and report component level data. o Reduced internal IT costs with a fully web-enabled hosted application – hosted on the Amazon Web Services data centre in Sydney.
- Assurance that the software is industrial strength and scalable. A Lite Version of the SPM Assets software (see www.spmassets.com.au), that provides many of the key features needed for managing building assets.
NAMS.PLUS is subscription based to provide staff in asset-owning organizations access to tools & online resources to develop, write and keep their Asset Management Plans up-to-date as demands on the organisation change. Asset Management Plans: document the services provided by the organization, provide expenditure projections for the organization’s Long Term Financial Plan, provide a basis for consultation with customers/community on the services they really need and what they can afford to pay, and facilitate the reaching of a financially sustainable position where the organization is able to provide the services its customers/community needs in a financially sustainable position. Developing annual budgets on your updated asset management plans and long term financial plan will enable your organization to operate in a financially sustainable position. NAMS.PLUS provides templates and modelling tools to: easily revise and update your asset management plans and long term financial plans, run scenarios to assess the implications of service level and cost options, simplify the annual budget preparation and adoption process, develop long term maintenance and capital works program based on agreed service levels, develop and maintain current asset management policy and strategy, assess current asset management maturity and set improvement targets and plans, monitor and report progress against asset management targets. NAMS.PLUS is based on the International Infrastructure Management Manual 2015 and aligns with the new ISO 55000 international asset management standards. NAMS.PLUS is continually updated and improved to improve flexibility and usability for users. NAMS.PLUS development is based on experience in use of the system and user feedback and suggestions. The NAMS.PLUS annual subscription includes access to the templates and on-line modelling, system operation, assistance to users and ongoing system development of a nationally consistent resource for infrastructure service organisations such as local governments.