Thinking about obtaining an industry recognised fleet qualification?
Consider the IPWEA Fleet Management Certificate. You or your staff could be qualified in just 3 months by learning, practicing, and applying the critical principles, knowledge and skills required to manage a plant and vehicle fleet effectively and efficiently.
Fleet Management is getting more complex, sophisticated, regulated, and challenging. Organisational demands are at all-time highs and businesses need skilled and confident practitioners proficient in Plant and Vehicle Management best practice.
The Fleet Management Certificate covers the essential areas to ensure that you or your staff will have the vital skills and knowledge to be ready for the future. The areas covered include:
- Utilisation – a fundamental metric in fleet management and critical to a range of fleet management activities.
- Financial Management – principles presented in non-accounting language with essential information related to budgeting, to estimating costs and financing.
- Procurement – provides an understanding of the process to procure fleet assets including; identification, planning, tender preparation, and assessment.
- Maintenance Management – provides the principles and systems that support sound maintenance practices delivered either in house or outsourced.
- Service Level Agreements – a framework for fleet practitioners to establish standards and deliver services to customers and other stakeholders.
- Regulatory Requirements – focuses of Workplace Health and Safety and Heavy Vehicle National Law / Chain of Responsibility from a fleet practitioner’s perspective and presents a risk-based model for compliance management.
The course is delivered via IPWEAs online learning management system over 12-14 weeks and based on IPWEAs best practice manual the Plant and Vehicle Management Manual Edition 4. Each unit includes on-demand study elements that are supported by online tutorials. The 90-minute tutorials are conducted on a fortnightly basis providing an opportunity to build on key elements.
As an additional benefit to the Fleet Management Certificate, participants can access recorded sessions of the online training series throughout the duration of the course.
Fleet Practitioners are awarded an industry recognised qualification and digital badge on the successful completion of the Fleet Management Certificate. In addition, graduates are entitled to use the Post Nominals FMCert, are eligible for CPD by Engineers Australia (EA) in accordance with EA Guidelines, and the best performing student for each year is awarded the prestigious IPWEA Fleet Award.
If you or your staff are thinking about completing the IPWEA Fleet Management Certificate, a new course commences 8 February 2022. Register here to view course dates and times.