Whether you’re making purchasing decisions for a project or buying a new car, reviews are often a consumer’s best friend.
Honest feedback from your peers about what has and hasn’t worked for them can clearly demonstrate whether a product or service is the right fit for you and your organisation.
The same can be said for training and professional development – was the method of delivery convenient? Were the instructors knowledgeable? Did you achieve your learning outcomes and make the investment in time and money worthwhile?
Now in its 14th iteration, IPWEA’s Professional Certificate in Asset Management Planning has quickly grown to become the internationally recognised choice for building asset management capability within organisations, while helping professionals take the next step in their career.
The Certificate is delivered via eight online modules across 10 weeks. Participants learn through live webinars, how-to videos, discussion forums and assignments. In the final assessment, a draft asset management plan for one asset class is completed, which can then form the basis of an organisation’s asset management plan.
So, what do your peers think about the Professional Certificate?
With permission, here is some of the feedback we have received from Professional Certificate participants who completed the course in 2018: “I am so glad to have done this program and taken our current and actual AMP through this experience and work. It will benefit not only our Cardinia Shire, but more importantly out community.”
– Walter Carmignani, Manager, Buildings and Facilities, Cardinia Shire Council. “I enjoyed the course as it was structured and presented very well. I am looking forward in the new direction my career will be developing in now.”
– Luhann van Zyl, Western Regional Manager, Assets, Mubescko Africa. “The course has been fantastically run and all the resources provided are great. I could find everything I needed easily and although I didn’t need to ask any questions in the discussion area, the speed at which helpful responses came in to those asking questions was fantastic. I believe this is the best online delivered course I have completed so far. I’m sure more City of Swan staff will be completing this course in the future."
– Finn Macleod, Construction and Maintenance Engineer, City of Swan. “I just wanted to thank everyone who took part in this Professional Certificate course – and especially the facilitators – for making such a wide-ranging subject a little bit more manageable! I've really appreciated the content and the feedback throughout the module sessions. I'm not sure I've ever completed a course with so much relevant information for what I'm directly working on. It was great that the Assignment 2 now fits in as part of Central Otago's evidence base for footpaths works programmes and investment. What we've covered (and what I've learned) will go into improvement of all the AMPs across our organisation.”
– Andy Bartlett, Asset Engineer, Central Otago District Council. "Thank you and the team for your feedback and guidance throughout the course. The course is well structured and informative.”
– Troy McGrath, Asset Engineer, Maitland City Council.
If you’d like to join the cohort of more than 1000 people who have completed the Professional Certificate in Asset Management Training, register now for course number 14, starting March 2019.