MEFvic Study Tours Awards
2015 OVERSEAS STUDY TOUR SCHOLARSHIPS
Visit the Municipal Engineering Foundation Victoria (MEFV) website to view current Study Tour Awards and Conference Sponsorship details at MEF Vic website at www.mefvic.org.au.
Further details of MEFV awards can be obtained from Merv Paton at the MEFV on Ph (03) 9699 1599.
IPWEAvic 2015 Awards For Excellence
Nominations for the 2015 IPWEAvic Excellence Awards close on Friday 6 February 2015.
Winners are to be announced at the Gala Dinner to be held Wednesday 25 March 2015 at CQ Functions, Queen Street Melbourne.
IPWEA (VIC) Awards provide an outstanding opportunity to recognise excellence in the innovation, development, construction and management of public works projects and services. The Awards will celebrate the success of individuals or teams. Applications are sought from agencies involved in Public Works, including Councils, service authorities, Government bodies and private companies.
It should be noted that the Division may offer more than one award in each of the following categories if more than one of the nominees are worthy of that recognition. This flexibility is important to enable the Division to effectively recognize the significant diversity in agencies responsible for public works engineering and physical infrastructure services delivery.
The following categories are available;
1. Capital Project Award
Design and/or construction of a significant public works infrastructure project of any scale that demonstrably adds value to the benefiting community.
(This is a broad category, which can include projects ranging from structural engineering through civil engineering, hydraulics and hydrology, coastal and environmental engineering projects and may include roads, bridges, drainage, open space and traffic management devices.)
2. Asset Management Award
Projects that demonstrate best practice or the pursuit of excellence in the practice of Asset Management, and in particular show a whole of life perspective to asset management.
(All projects must show how they have addressed environmental issues and include innovation and/or introduction of new and/or improved techniques.)
3. Public Works Engineering - Innovative Practice and/or Service Delivery Award
Initiatives that relate to the development and implementation of practice or services in public works engineering that may be considered additional and/or exceptional to an agency’s day to day activities. (This category also provides for special projects, and may include activities in water, sewerage and waste water, and drought management.)
4. IPWEA - “Public Works Practitioner of the Year” - People Awards
These awards are specifically targeted to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding achievement and are focused in two areas being;
Categories one, two and three:
- The nominee must be a member of IPWEA (Vic) and the nomination must be endorsed by the agency’s Manager / Director / CEO.
- In the case of a team nomination, at least one member of the team must be a member of IPWEA (Vic)
- The project must have been completed in the 12 month period immediately preceding the closing date.
- The service must be sustainable and operational at the time of nomination.
- No project or service is too large or too small, with consideration being given to the size and resources of the agency and its staff.
“Public Works Practitioner of the Year” - People Awards:
- The nominee must be a member of IPWEA (Vic).
- The nomination must be endorsed by an IPWEA peer, the entrant’s Manager / Director / CEO.
- The entrant must qualify within the applied category.
Assessment will include following attributes;
✔ 40% Use of Best Practice Engineering Principles and Technologies
✔ 20% Degree of originality and ingenuity of solution
✔ 15% Benefit of the project or service to the Community
✔ 20% Program and project management
✔ 5% Presentation of the award submission
Important Note: IPWEA (Vic) Awards are an initiative of IPWEA (Vic) and will be judged by an IPWEA (Vic) appointed panel as outlined in the description of the Award. The judging panel’s decision on selecting awardees for an IPWEA (Vic) Award will be final and no correspondence will be entered.
How To Submit Your Entry To 2015 IPWEAvic Awards for Excellence
Award Nominations should be submitted electronically in both MS Word format and PDF format and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Larger files can be submitted on a CD or USB. Submissions should be suitable for publishing in the IPWEA (Vic) newsletters, IPWEA Magazine or for publicity purposes. Submissions should be limited to 2000 words and the CD should include an executive summary of 100 words (Microsoft Word format) with two high resolution JPEG photographs.
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED
- Title of Project/Submission
- Name of IPWEA (Vic) Member/s
- Nominated for Award (In the case of a team nomination, at least one member of the team must be a member of IPWEA Vic.)
- Nominators (1) & (2)
- Nominate which category the nomination refers:
- Capital Project Under $1M
- Capital Project Over $1M
- People Award - Engineer/Technician of the Year
- People Award - Young Engineer/Technician of the Year
- Innovative Practice / Service Delivery Award
- Asset Management Award
2. SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT (Maximum 100 words)
A short paragraph or dot-point summary of the key aspects of the Project.
3. DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT ATTAINING EXCELLENCE IN THE NOMINATOR(S) VIEW, INCLUDING THE POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE LOCAL COMMUNITY BEING SERVED (Maximum 1000 words)
Addressing the Assessment Criteria Identify:
- Project objectives
- Project outcomes
- Innovative features of the project or service
- Distinguishing features of the project or service highlighting best practice engineering principles and technologies
- Benefit to the community of the project or service
- Program and project management, highlighting how any barriers were overcome to achieve success
- Costs/Benefits associated with the Project (where appropriate)
4. YOUR OPINION AS TO THE SPECIFIC CONTRIBUTION MADE BY THE INDIVIDUAL / TEAM YOU HAVE NOMINATED (300-500 Words)
5. ANY GENERAL COMMENTS YOU MAY WISH TO ADD IN SUPPORT OF THE SUBMISSION (300-500 words)
Nominators are welcome to attached photos. plans, reports etc that demonstrate particular features of the project in relation to their decision
Applications will be received until 5pm on Friday 6th February 2015.
Send to email@example.com or via mail to The President, IPWEAvic, PO Box 115 Oakleigh South Vic 3167
Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner to be held 25th March 2015 at CQ Functions. Details of the Gala Dinner and to order tickets go to http://www.ipwea.theconferencemanager.com.au.
Any questions? Please ring the office on (03) 9005 0860.
Awards for Excellence Finalists Over The Years