Public Works practitioners play a crucial role in the planning and delivery of public works and engineering services to the community.
The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA) is a national professional organisation providing member services and advocacy for those involved in this important industry. IPWEA (Vic) is the Victorian Division of IPWEA, with our members representing practitioners in state and local government as well as private industry.
IPWEA (Vic) works to:
- provide technical leadership for the wider local government & public works sector
- support a regional structure for IPWEA and its members
- foster interaction between LG engineering and broader public works agencies, e.g., water authorities and VicRoads engineers
- create essential networking with peers across LG and the wider public works sector
- provide valuable professional development opportunities
- provide access to national and international networks
- provide a single point of contact and recognition for public works engineering contribution to industry working groups
- strengthen relationships with IPWEA National and other IPWEA State Divisions
- keep you up-to-date with industry issues, and
- provide administrative and executive support to achieve its objectives.
IPWEA (Vic) promotes professionalism, education, knowledge sharing and technical knowledge and holds strategic alliances with other relevant organisations. IPWEA (Vic) is a company and its operation is governed by a Constitution and By-Laws.
The community demands the utmost in professional competency by the practitioners who deliver public works services. To maintain this high standard of professional competency, IPWEA (Vic) will be providing regular skills development programs.
Members of IPWEA (Vic) have access to many services and benefits, information on which is contained under 'Membership'.