This course provides an overview of asset management as a business process, and assists agencies to understand the linkages between the Government’s expectations, the delivery of customer services, and the day-to-day management of assets. It explains some of the key asset lifecycle strategies, and provides examples of good practice. The course introduces the Treasury asset management maturity assessment tool, and outlines the steps to improve asset management and asset performance reporting.
Key Topics Explored
- Basic principles of asset management as a business process
- The value to Agencies of improving asset management practice
- Linkages between strategy, levels of service and the day to day management of assets
- Key lifecycle strategies including:
- Managing demand
- Levels of service
- Operations and maintenance
- Monitoring asset performance
- Forecasting and planning renewals
- Developing and updating an asset management plan
- Industry best practice guidance
- NZ Treasury’s Asset Management Maturity Assessment tool
Lisa Roberts, Infrastructure Decisions Limited
Lisa is a Fellow of Engineering NZ, a recognition of her career in infrastructure management. She is an independent consultant focussed on supporting clients to improve ‘whole of business’ asset management and infrastructure resilience. She is an expert facilitator and has project managed and co-authored all editions of the Infrastructure Management Manual, Asset Management Basics and many other publications.