Participants may cancel their enrolment at any time. Cancellations received seven (7) or more days before to commencement of the course will not incur any penalty. Cancellations received less than seven (7) days but prior to the commencement of the course will be required to pay 50% of the course fee. Cancellations received after the course has commenced will be required to pay 100% of the course fee.
Enrolment suspension and transfer
- Applications to suspend and transfer enrolment to the next course must be received by the course administrator before the start of Module 1.
- Applications for suspension and transfer received after commencement of Module 1 will incur a fee equal to 50% of the course registration fee to transfer to a future course.
- Participants who have transferred enrolment to a Course must recommence on the next available course.
- Participants who are granted an enrolment suspension and transfer will be provided access to all modules of the subsequent Course. Any of the work completed on the Course portal (Cahoot) during the initial enrolment will not be transferred to the subsequent Program portal.
- Course registration is not transferable between individuals, regardless of whether they work in the same organisation.
- Login details and credentials must not be shared. The use of generic email addresses (i.e. admin@ or assetteam@) are not encouraged.
Course fee payment
Participants must ensure course fee payments are complete prior to the commencement of the course. IPWEA will not grant access to the course until payment has been received. In the event of late enrolments, IPWEA will accept an official Purchase Order as proof of pending payment. IPWEA reserves the right to remove course access at the end of Module 3 in the event that payment is not received in full.
- Extensions to complete work/assignments which are due will only be given in the following circumstances:
- Illness or injury of the candidate or his/her immediate family where the candidate is one of the primary caregivers;
- Death or incapacity of a family member or close relative;
- Absence of the candidate’s manager, where the manager must sign-off any assignment;
- Abnormal or unanticipated work load resulting from entity restructures or severe natural weather events such as earthquakes, storms, floods.
- Only one extension of time to complete work/assignment will be granted per program.
- Requests for extension of time due to any inability to balance competing priorities (such as leaving course work to the last minute) will not be granted. The ability to learn to balance competing objectives is a core skill to be acquired as part of successfully completing the course.
- Unemployment, absence, relocation, secondment, changing employer – these are special circumstances and usually result in allowing the candidate either additional time to complete, or to suspend their course with the option of re-commencing at the same stage in the next available course. Such matters are considered on a case by case basis. Application should be made in writing to the course administrators.
- Assignments must be the participant’s own work. We acknowledge collaboration can occur within an entity. However, submissions must be the participant’s own work.
- Participants must follow the format of the Asset Plan as per the course. Assignments must be consistent with the course format and templates.
Course Closure and Finalisation
Participants will have access to the online course environment (Cahoot) and tools (NAMS+) for a reasonable period following the conclusion of the course to facilitate assignment completion. A hard close date will be established for each course and participants will be notified of this via the Cahoot platform.
Our commitment to participants
- Participant data and Final Assignment will remain confidential and will only be used for the mentor’s assessment and feedback.
- Mentors will respond to participant questions in a timely manner.
- Mentors will provide support to all participants as far as practical to assist them complete the Professional Certificate.
Cahoot Learning Accessibility Policy