The problem: unsealed roads fail through surface wear, most significantly when the 'sheeting layer' disappears slowly in a cloud of dust. Because of this, material loss unsealed roads are a large consumer of natural materials (Centre for Pavement Engineering Education).
Australian-made solution improves outcomes
Real-time results taken from 14 different PolyCom treated unsealed roads in NSW and VIC during 2017 showed actual averaged reductions in material loss of 84% in comparison to adjacent re-sheeted roads. Ravel test methodology is available here.
Results of PolyCom treated vs untreated
Data averages show PolyCom treated roads lost 84% less road material than untreated roads
A single 2kg bottle treats 50m3 of road materials.
Treating unsealed roads in-situ with PolyCom and blending existing materials makes for a safer more sustainable unsealed road network that requires 4-6 times less maintenance grading. Call 1800 790 907 or visit www.roadmaker.com.au.
Benefits of PolyCom
- Financially sustainable
- Environmentally compliant
- Reduced purchase of re-sheet materials
- Less trucking by using in-situ materialConsiderable reduction in fuel use
- OHS compliant
- Less repeat work
- Reduced sediment run off from roadsReduces mud and dust
- Use existing crew and machinery
- Treated roads are less slippery when wet