The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia, South Australian Division (IPWEA SA) is an independent division of the Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia. IPWEA SA is a professional membership organisation providing services and advocacy for those involved in and delivering public works and engineering services to the community.
Our members include those employed by local and state government bodies, as well as consultants, contractors, and suppliers of goods, services and machinery. They are engineers, technicians, public works directors, contractors, consultants, managers, and strategic planners.
- The principal purpose of the Association is to advance excellence in public works and services in South Australia.
- To support IPWEA SA members to enhance the quality of life of communities through their involvement in public works and services.
- To enhance the professional capability of members to drive continuous improvement and best practice operations.
- To develop and exchange ideas, information and technology.
- To promote excellence in the delivery of public works and services.
- To advance public works and services issues.
The activities and business of IPWEA SA are managed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership base. Nominations for membership of the Board of Directors are called in September each year and if nominations exceed the positions available an election by postal ballot must be held.
Governance documents such as the Strategic Plan, Annual Reports, Board Minutes, Policies, and Financial Statements are available by searching for them in the SA Library located in the “Resources” tab.