WORKSHOP OUTCOMES - 23 OCTOBER 2019
An excellent turnout resulted in a dynamic workshop with good discussion and engagement.
To view the one page workshop summary - click here.
To view the full report from the workshop - click here.
LDEG are looking at a panel discussion following on from this workshop, at the 2020 LDEG Forum in Palmerston North, 19-20 March.
Unified Standards Workshop Outline
Local government bodies across NZ all require standards when designing and constructing new civil infrastructure. This infrastructure may be vested through subdivision or capital works and there are various ways for councils to assess a proposal's suitability, including; comparison to New Zealand’s national subdivision standard NZS4404:2010, a variation of this standard, or to a locally written code or standard. The Land Development Engineering Group (LDEG) want a better understanding of the methods that different regions are using, their effectiveness, and how they think this could be done more effectively and consistently across NZ.
The LDEG Committee would love to hear your ideas on this and invite you to participate in a workshop in Wellington on October 22nd. This is an exciting opportunity to provide input into how our group moves forward. This workshop will include insights collated from the Land Engineers Unified Standards Survey, run in July.
Who should attend:
- Land Development Engineers from both the public and private sector who regularly assess against NZS4404 or local codes and standards
- Design Engineers who have to adhere to NZS4404 or local codes and standards
- Those who take ownership of or maintain engineering codes and standards
- Anyone with a vested interest in infrastructure standards
What we will discuss:
- Efficiencies in assessing engineering designs
- Sharing of knowledge and consistency in our area of practice across the country
- The practicality of changes which may affect construction or manufacturing industries
- The suitability of NZS4404:2010
If you have any questions or comments please contact Jacqui Carroll at email@example.com.