All international bank transfer fees are to be at the cost of the delegate. Full registration fee owing must be paid.
Please note the Registration Form is a TAX INVOICE. Once payment is made, you will receive a confirmation letter and Official Tax Receipt.
Refunds and Cancellations: From 2 November, 2023 the following applies. All cancellations must be made via email to email@example.com. Substitute delegates can be nominated and accepted with no additional fee up until 26 April 2024. Registration fees will be refunded less a 25% cancellation fee prior to 12 March 2024. After 12 March 2024, the full fee applies. No fee gap refund is applicable due to catering cost commitments. Please note that cancellation fees will apply whether or not payment is received at the time of registration. By submitting your registration, you are agreeing to these conditions. Please refer to the Accommodation booking conditions for your accommodation via the website. Credits are not available.
Background: ASN Events is one of the largest Professional Conference Organisers (PCO) in Australia, managing in excess of 50 events per year. ASN also manages the membership of numerous professional societies. In order to successfully carry out these activities ASN collects and handles personal information on a regular basis.
Collection of Personal Information: ASN collects personal information from members of its client organisations, employees, directors and committee members, suppliers, service providers and other people connected with its activities. The types of personal information ASN collects include:
- contact details (for example name, address, professional information, telephone numbers and email)
- demographic information (for example, gender and date of birth)
- professional information (for example, qualifications and specialties)
- activity related information (participation in ASN managed activities and events).
In conducting its activities ASN may collect health and other sensitive information. For example, ASN collects:
- medical history information from employees
- information about a members’ membership in other professional associations.
ASN collects personal information directly from individuals through various channels, including:
- the ASN website and online surveys
- delegate registration forms and other correspondence (including electronically)
- telephone calls
- face to face contact.
Purpose of Collection and Use: ASN collects personal information as required to carry out one or more of its functions or activities, including:
- to provide membership services and maintain membership records
- to provide continuing professional
development, education and training
- to manage conferences and events
- to enable planning, policy and service
- to market, advertise or to conduct or facilitate member surveys (such surveys will be communicated from ASN on behalf of a third party in accordance with the ASN Survey
- to recruit suitable staff within ASN
- to communicate with directors about meetings and ASN and client business
- to communicate with staff about work related matters
- information may also be used for secondary purposes as required or permitted by law.
Disclosure: ASN only discloses personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a secondary purpose as required or permitted by law. For example, ASN may disclose personal information to third parties it engages to assist in performing its functions, most often related to the Annual Scientific Meeting.
Where disclosure takes place, ASN will include protective provisions regarding the handling of personal information in contracts with third parties. When conducting a member survey on behalf of a third party, ASN does not disclose personal information to that third party.
Storage and Security: ASN stores personal information electronically and in hard copy, and has secure recordkeeping systems. ASN takes all reasonable steps to protect personal information from unauthorised use, access, disclosure and alteration. IT protection systems and internal procedures are also utilised to protect the personal information held by ASN.
ASN may store electronic information on remote servers or in the cloud directly or through contracted agencies (such as Currinda P/L) – all information is securely stored in Australia with backups securely stored in the United States of America and encrypted before transfer back to Australia).
ASN uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, which are the industry standard, for encrypting personal ASN membership information collected via the ASN website. ASN does not store member credit or debit card information.
ASN uses a third party provider, which provides a secure online payment gateway solution for credit card and direct debit processing of ASN membership payments. Personal data is maintained under strict security and is only to be accessed internally by the ASN staff who require access as part of their role or to complete a task. Records containing personal information will be held by ASN until there is no longer a need or obligation to retain such records, after which time they will be deleted, destroyed or de identified.
Cookies: A record of each visit to the ASN website is logged – this is a small data file known as a cookie. A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers. Browser settings can be adjusted to disable cookies. The following information from cookies is recorded to compile statistical information about the use of the ASN website. It is not used for any other purpose.
- IP address and/or domain name
- Operating system (type of browser and platform)
- The date, time and length of visit to the ASN or Conference website
- Pages and resources accessed, as well as documents downloaded
Access and Correction: ASN takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of personal information it holds. Individuals are encouraged to contact ASN if the personal information held is incorrect or to notify ASN if personal information has changed. Society members and/or delegates can view and change their personal details via their Currinda profile.
Complaints and Concerns: Any concerns about ASN’s handling of personal information should be directed to the ASN Executive Director by telephone (03) 8560 4392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASN may require complaints to be submitted in writing. After ASN receives all the relevant information, it will endeavour to resolve the complaint as soon as reasonably practical.
The website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) is an additional source of information www.oaic.gov.au
If an individual is not satisfied with how ASN has handled their complaint, they may wish to contact the OAIC.