Happy New Year to all my IPWEA friends and colleagues!
I hope 2017 brings you every success as we embark on another year of striving to keep our communities (and our elected representatives) safe and satisfied…it’s an ongoing challenge!
We have big plans for the year with a range of personal and professional development events including:
- Workshop Series 3 – Landfill Lifecycle Management (coming soon…stay tuned!)
- Workshop Series 4 – Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Engineering Leadership Program
- Management Leadership Program
- National Works and Engineering Conference (on 31 Aug – 1 Sep...save the date!)
- Public Works Conference on 30-31 March with a focus on Service Planning, Asset Creation, Infrastructure Management and Leadership
Information will be available from our website as the year unfolds and updates will be provided through this intouch newsletter. Please check that your fellow members are receiving intouch and if not, ask them to alert firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work out why.
Finally, nominations for our 2017 Engineering Excellence Awards close on 17 February and I encourage you all to consider entering. Winners will be announced at our Awards Dinner on 30 March and – for the first time – all Victorian award winners will automatically be entered for IPWEA’s Australasian Awards to be announced in August!
I look forward to seeing you soon…in the meantime, best wishes for the year ahead.