Delivered via Zoom
This course by live webinar is presented in two half day packages of two sessions each, with an optional workshop session. The course is primarily concerned with providing delegates with the knowledge, and practical understanding, to enable full evaluation of maintenance options, and their most beneficial use. The importance, and types of maintenance, pavement distress modes and evaluation techniques are reviewed and preventative and periodic maintenance options will be fully explored and detailed
Advice is given for the investigation of sealed road pavements, and for the selection and design of pavement strategies & treatments specifically for roads carrying normal loadings with a specific focus on flexible pavements. The course will cover the evaluation of the existing pavement, development of treatment options and the selection and implementation of the most appropriate of these options. Case studies are used throughout to facilitate practical learning.
Sessions and Topics
Part A - Day 1
Session 1 - 11:00am - 12.45pm (AEDT)
Session 2 - 1.15pm - 3.00pm (AEDT)
Part B - Day 2
- Introduction to Road Pavements
- Modes & Mechanisms of Pavement Distress
- Pavement Evaluation Techniques, Purpose and Methods
- Identification Causes and Treatment of Visual Distress
Session 3 - 11:00am - 12.45pm (AEDT)
Session 4 - 1.15pm - 2.50pm (AEDT)
Workshop - Optional
- Preventative Maintenance
- Case Study #1
- Periodic Maintenance
- Case Study #2
- Review and Open Discussion
Session 5 - 3:00pm - 4:00pm (AEDT)
A live Q&A session
Paul Robinson, Highway Maintenance Specialist
Paul has a Master’s Degree in International Highway Engineering and an international career in road pavements technology, maintenance management, highway network planning, design, sealed and unsealed pavements and road construction, maintenance and training. As a Principal Research and Consulting Engineer with ARRB, he undertook research, developed Austroads guidelines and presented training in Unsealed Roads Maintenance, Pavement Rehabilitation, Pavement Condition Management, Road Maintenance Management and Project Delivery. He was a contributory author to the ARRB Sealed and Unsealed Roads Manuals. He also has international experience in road engineering and network maintenance management, notably in developing countries of the Asia Pacific region.
Who should attend?
- State road agency and local government engineers and managers with responsibilities in the provision, approval, design, construction or maintenance of concrete roads & pavements. This to also include project managers and senior supervisors.
- Consulting engineers with involvement in road and/or pavement projects.
- Road & Pavement construction contractors, engineers, project managers and supervisors.
- Local Government engineers, project managers and senior supervisors.
- Technical operatives and Engineering graduates and “cadets” looking for specialist knowledge for career development.
Due to its practical nature, numbers are limited for this course so it is advisable that you register quickly to avoid missing out on its unique and targeted content.
Cost: $625.50 (inc. GST)