The aim of the course is for attendees to understand and be able to assess asset management maturity and use the results to drive ongoing and sustainable organisational improvement.
Specifically attendees will learn:
- Why enhancing overall asset management maturity improves linkages between the organisation’s strategy, service delivery and the infrastructure needed to provide the required level of customer service.
- How to assess asset management maturity
- How to develop an improvement plan that leads to the closure of identified maturity gaps.
- To understand the purpose of the asset management maturity and asset performance sections of the NZ Treasury Investor Confidence Rating (ICR).
- Strategic asset management, including linkages between strategy, levels of service and financial planning
- Asset management maturity (AMM) as a concept and its seventeen attributes
- AMM assessment tools, including NZ Treasury’s AMM tool and the ICR process
- Setting maturity targets for different asset classes and different business models
- The use of the results of an AMM assessment to drive on-going organisation improvement including:
- Getting organisational buy-in
- Developing and prioritising an improvement plan across all seventeen attributes
- Continuous repetition of the investment management cycle- think, plan, do, review
- Improving input into financial reporting on capital expenditure
- Measuring and reporting on organisational performance
Those with interest in advancing asset management as a business process to improve level of service outcomes. This includes experienced asset managers for whom the maturity assessment process is new, aspiring or new asset managers embarking on their asset management career, financial and strategic planning staff with a role in financial and non-financial performance management
Space is limited. Book ASAP to avoid disappointment. Bookings taken up until 15 May, unless sold out prior.
Note: In the unlikely event of date postponement, IPWEA NZ recommend booking flexible travel, or hold off booking travel and accommodation until your course has been confirmed. https://www.rydges.com/private-page/ipwea-nz/ will get you 10% off the current standard rate.
29 April 2020
9:00am - 4:00pm
Did you know there is another Asset Management workshop listed consecutively with this one? Click here
to learn about the Writing, Living and Updating Asset Management Plans workshop.
So that you can still improve professional development, while reducing travel spend, IPWEA NZ have listed well matched courses together.
IPWEA NZ members:
$535.50 + GSTNon-members:
$595.00 + GST