Sign up now to start your asset management learning journey and to start building your digital credentials!
We all need to freshen up our skills from time to time. We will be providing a suite of training designed to equip learners for a successful career the infrastructure and public works sector.
What will be taught
This course will give you a solid foundation of knowledge about what Asset Management is and why we practice it. It is completed wholly online at the time and place of your choosing. Be one of the first to receive a IPWEA NZ Digital Badge.
We use the IIMM framework and Asset Management Basics handbook to introduce Asset Management principles and key concepts to managers and staff who are new to the process. This is the first badge in a series of digital badges we are developing on our microcredentials journey to cover the spectrum of asset management skills and competencies.
It is expected to take between 2-4 hours to complete online, with progress saved after each completed section so you can come back to it later.
We have industry experts, like Ross Waugh, lending their experiences to provide up to date content and real world case studies.
Throughout the learning, you can interact with others completing the same workshop if you choose to do so, via the iQualify chat feature. So this is not only a learning process, but also a networking opportunity.
Upon completion of this badge, learners will:
- Understand why we practice Infrastructure Asset Management and its importance to society
- Understand the benefits and drivers of Infrastructure Asset Management within an organisation
- Describe the objective of Infrastructure Asset Management and each of the processes utilised.
We have listened to your feedback and aim to be more flexible by delivering learning that is tailored towards your busy schedule. It is completed wholly online.
- The importance of infrastructure
- The importance of asset management
- Benefits of asset management
- What is asset management
- Asset management elements
- Asset management system
- Lifecycle asset management
- The asset management hierarchy
- Asset management process
- Continual improvement
Who should attend
- Those who are new to managing infrastructure assets or those who want to align their understanding of asset management with the IIMM.
- Students or recent graduates in any profession who are interested in this area.
Important info before you register
- If you are registering other people, you MUST use each persons individual email address for the registration.
What happens when I register
- You will receive a registration confirmation email.
- On the first day of the course, you will receive an email with everything you'll need to know to get started
- You have one full calendar months to complete the course
Please note – for the best delivery of this course, we recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari (with a preference to google chrome) to access the iQualify site. If you are an Internet Explorer 11 (iE11) user please consider switching to one of the recommended browsers.
Non- members: $245
Registrations close 4 business days before course commencement.