Sign up now to your asset management learning journey and start building your digital credentials!
We all need to freshen up our skills from time to time. We will be providing a suite of training designed to equip learners for a successful career the infrastructure and public works sector.
What will be taught
This course will give you a solid foundation of knowledge about what Asset Management is and why we practice it. It is completed wholly online at the time and place of your choosing. Be one of the first to receive a IPWEA NZ Digital Badge.
We use the IIMM framework and Asset Management Basics handbook to introduce Asset Management principles and key concepts to managers and staff who are new to the process. This is the first badge in a series of digital badges we are developing on our microcredentials journey to cover the spectrum of asset management skills and competencies.
It is expected to take between 2-4 hours to complete online, with progress saved after each completed section so you can come back to it at your convenience.
We have industry experts, like Ross Waugh, lending their experiences to provide up to date content and real world case studies.
Throughout the learning, you can interact with others completing the same workshop if you choose to do so, via the iQualify chat feature. So this is not only a learning process, but also a networking opportunity.
Upon completion of this badge, learners will:
- Understand why we practice Infrastructure Asset Management and its importance to society
- Understand the benefits and drivers of Infrastructure Asset Management within an organisation
- Describe the objective of Infrastructure Asset Management and each of the processes used.
- The importance of infrastructure
- The importance of asset management
- Benefits of asset management
- What is asset management
- Asset management elements
- Asset management system
- Lifecycle asset management
- The asset management hierarchy
- Asset management process
- Continual improvement
Who should attend
- Those who are new to managing infrastructure assets or those who want to align their understanding of asset management with the IIMM.
- Students or recent graduates in any profession who are interested in this area.
What happens when I register
- You will receive a registration confirmation email
- By 1 October you will receive an email with everything you'll need to know to get started
- You have from 1 October to 31 October to complete the course
- To receive your badge, you need to complete the course by 31 October.
Non- members: $195 +GST
Members: $175.50 +GST
Registrations close 23 September 2019