Local Government Infrastructure Management Forum
IPWEA NZ in association with KPMG invites you to attend the Local Government Infrastructure Management Forum.
8-9 March 2018 Wellington
Infrastructure Management is critical to our communities, to inform what infrastructure is needed to deliver the activities that our communities need, at the desired level of service; and then how that infrastructure is funded and how it is delivered.
For New Zealand, a step change is needed, to deliver the right infrastructure, in an affordable manner.
And how we deliver on the National Infrastructure Plan as well as to our local communities.
Infrastructure has often been seen as the exclusive province of engineers and asset managers. However, all areas of organisations that deliver infrastructure – CEOs, Financial Managers, policy planners and those in regulatory roles - need to fully understand infrastructure and infrastructure management, and apply optimised decision making
We are pleased to have the support of KPMG for this forum, and access to KPMG’s Global Infrastructure Centre of Expertise and Performance Advisory experts.
We are putting together a dynamic line up of topics and speakers to provide the latest perspectives on infrastructure management in the public sector. Topics include:
- Challenges and opportunities for Local Government (both provincial and metropolitan)
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Guidelines: A how to guide for your organisation
- Customer Experience: An infrastructure take on customer centricity
- Infrastructure Morality: Balancing commercial realities with community needs
- Measuring Value: Defining what ‘value’ means to your organisation
- Making informed sustainable funding choices
- Digital Disruption and Infrastructure
- Cultural Approaches
- Policy Approaches
- Strategic Procurement: New models of service delivery and the role of procurement
- The Collaboration Imperative: Collaborate or die (choose life)
- Embedding change at the top: Why infrastructure management is a cultural thing
The forum will be held over 2 days in Wellington, on 8 and 9 March 2018, and includes a networking dinner.
Day one will start at 3pm to enable attendees to do other business before the forum commences.
The Local Government Infrastructure Management Forum is for senior and aspiring leaders across all facets of infrastructure planning and delivery. It is an opportunity to meet, to be inspired, and to take away tools and tactics to improve management of infrastructure in your organisation.
Please contact Trina Paul, firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in attending.
We look forward to meeting you and your colleagues.