Customer Planning Engineer
Wellington Based - Project / Operations Planning – 3 Waters
Come and be part of one of the largest Water Utilities in New Zealand. Sitting in the Customer Operations group and part of a team of three Planners, the key purpose of the role is to oversee the planning of maintenance works programmes across your assigned region. This would also include some asset management. It’s an active role and you won’t be desk bound but on-site providing specialist inspections to improve asset and service knowledge, such as asset condition surveys and specialist test reporting.
As Wellington Water is owned by the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt, South Wairarapa and Wellington City councils, the Customers Operations group is the first point of contact by clients or customers with any potential issues relating to the water network. The solution to these issues will be resolved or delivered through Wellington water staff or their civil contracting alliances. Your role would be to and plan the programme of works with all of the stake holders. This includes planning the work to be undertaken on the Network Assets, including shutdown planning, environmental and customer impact assessment, management of budgets and contracts, etc.
To be considered you will have some of the following attributes
- Relevant industry experience in dealing with Local authorities or Councils and civil contractors
- Proven experience with Water supply or wastewater or stormwater operations and maintenance systems / networks (e.g. Maximo CMMS)
- Hold an engineering qualification NZCE/Diploma or Degree in Civil engineering or similar
- Must hold a Full driver’s licence
- Management of budgets, projects, contracts, other staff
- Asset Management (e.g. (NAMS: ISO 55000 standards)
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. This role is customer facing with a wide range of stakeholders that you will liaise with on a daily basis.
Our success as a business is through collaboration. You will be part of a team that gets things done; you will need to be personable, well-organised, communicate well with internal staff and customers, and manage all relationships professionally.
This senior role includes management responsibility yet at a manageable level, and the role is varied in many ways i.e. tasks, relationships, location (office and field), and issue resolution, a role that will keep you engaged and learning and growing. As this is within one of the largest utilities in the lower North Island, there is potential for career progression internally too.
To apply for this position please contact John Kiriakidis for a discreet inquiry on 0800 171 000 or email email@example.com.