IPWEA NZ is the Peak Association for the professionals who deliver public works and engineering services to communities in New Zealand. IPWEA NZ provides services to its members and advocacy on their behalf.
To help practitioners maintain the high level of competency the community demands, IPWEA NZ provides regular continuing professional development, conferences, technical publications, and the chance to be involved in committees addressing technical issues. IPWEA NZ also provides members with opportunities to network with colleagues at Branch meetings and our national conference. IPWEA NZ provides savings and additional benefits to members including accreditation of qualifications, training, networking and exchange of specialist expertise.
NETWORKING & EVENTS
- Free attendance at Branch Meetings (held atleast 3-4 times a year in each of the 5 branch regions). These forums offer excellent networking, high calibre relevant speakers, updates from the branch chair on IPWEA NZ work, and current industry issues, and to discuss your specific needs. Members are welcome to attend any branch meet, regardless of which you region they belong to.
- Extensive networking opportunities with other members and stakeholder organisations. Connect with us on facebook, flickr and linkedIn.
- Member only rates at all IPWEA NZ events (including the Annual NZ Conference, workshops, seminars and forums).
- Learning and professional development opportunities, we offer regular targeted training throughout the year.
ACCESS THE LATEST NEWS, RESEARCH & BEST PRACTICE
- Receive (and contribute to) both our twice-monthly Intouch e-newsletter tailored to deliver the latest information on industry issues, and our quarterly Inspire Magazine. Everything you need to know, without any distractions.
INDUSTRY RECOGNITION AND PRESTIGE
INFLUENCE THE INDUSTRY
- Nomination to Standards setting committees and technical working groups/bodies.
- Involvement in discussions and initiatives/programmes through work groups, committees (NAMS, RIMS, IDS, LDEG, Young IPWEA) and Communities of Practice in New Zealand and Australia (you choose which you belong to).
- Voting rights at the AGM – have your say on the future of IPWEA NZ.
A STRONGER VOICE IN GOVERNMENT
- Representation and advocacy with Central and Local government, as well as with major asset owners, on policy and regulatory developments impacting your work.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Access to specialised knowledge, resources, events and support with the following groups, which are all supported by IPWEA NZ:
CAREER SUPPORT AND ADVANCEMENT
- Annual fora through our specific interest groups and entities;
- LDEG (Land Development Engineers Group)
- IDS (Infrastructure Decision Support)
- RIMS (Roading Information Management Support)
- NAMS (National Asset Management Support)
Interactive website with access to resources, including online libraries
, Body of Knowledge, Practice Notes, bookshop and discussion forums
with over 18,000 of your colleagues across Australasia, plus the new career jobs board (Hoopla4Jobs
IPWEA NZ will help you by helping our industry through:
- Support and advice to the LGNZ, Standards NZ, NZTA and many other government agencies and other organisations on such matters as legislation, central government policy, national standards, etc.
- Development of national (and international) manuals for infrastructure engineering and management such as the International Infrastructure Management Manual (IIMM), Asset Valuation and Depreciation Guidelines, etc.
What is IPWEA NZ?
IPWEA NZ Is the New Zealand Division of IPWEA Australasia. It is an incorporated society that exists primarily to uphold and improve the status of engineering and management of public assets in New Zealand. It aspires to this through a number of objectives written into its constitution.
Membership is open to those in the service of or, having served local government or provided public asset engineering and/or management services in New Zealand. IPWEA NZ has nearly 900 members.
The five IPWEA NZ branches report to a national board that is elected each year by a secret ballot of IPWEA NZ members. The national board comprises a president, the five branch chairpersons and six other members elected at large (one of the Board members is elected as Vice President). A Business Manager provides the board with administrative support.
The Board is a dedicated and experienced group well regarded in our industry, who lead and advise on matters relevant to public asset engineering and management.