The infrastructure valuation course is aimed at public sector asset managers and finance personnel, and consultants undertaking infrastructure valuations on behalf of public sector clients.
The seminar focuses on the Depreciated Replacement Cost valuation method and covers;
- The appropriate DRC valuation approach as identified in the NAMS Valuation and Depreciation Guidelines
- Generic valuation issues associated with the DRC valuation methodology
- Specific valuation issues associated with roading, water, wastewater, stormwater, drainage, and parks and recreation infrastructure as well as heritage and operational building assets
- Accounting Standards associated with valuations
- Compliance with Local Government Act and Public Finance Act requirements
- Office of the Auditor-General feedback on valuation audit issues
- Other emerging valuation issues
This course includes interactive sessions and case studies in groups.